Have you tried cauliflower crust pizza yet? I did for the first time last night and loved it! Most of the cauliflower pizza crust recipes I’ve seen in the past had cheese in the ingredients list, so I never tried them (I’m lactose-intolerant and despiste cheese! Weird, I know). So I was SUPER EXCITED when I discovered Trader Joe’s new frozen product. The crust is made with a short list of ingredients including cauliflower and corn flour – NO CHEESE! My recipe below serves two, and I want to note that it’s not incredibly filling… I would recommend serving the pizza with a side.
Cauliflower Crust Pizza with Chicken Sausage, Veggies and Marinara Sauce
- 1 Trader Joe’s Frozen Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- 4 White Button Mushrooms (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 Large Tomato (thinly sliced)
- 2.5 Trader Joe’s Sweet Apple Chicken Sausage Links
- 1 Cup Broccoli (chopped)
- 1 Cup Spinach
- Fresh Basil
- 1/2 Cup Marinara Sauce — I used Trader Joe’s Organic Tomato Basil Marinara
- Optional: Cheese or Hemp Seeds (sprinkle on top for additional protein)
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees. Bake cauli pizza crust face down on a greesed cookie sheet for 10 minutes. Flip crust over and bake for another 10 minutes. Caution: Be SUPER careful when flipping the crust. Definitely have a large pizza spatula. The crust is really delicate.
- While crust is baking, sauté the toppings. Use a medium frying pan over low to medium heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Add the sliced chicken sausage, broccoli and mushroom. Saute for about 6 minutes. Put these foods aside on a plate until the crust is done.
- Once cauli has been in oven for 20 minutes (10 minutes each side), use a spoon to spread the marinara sauce on the crust.
- Layer the toppings. Start by spreading the spinach on the crust. Then, add the tomato slices, the chicken sausage, mushroom. Finally, sprinkle the basil on top.
- Add cheese and/or hemp seeds if desired.
- Broil for 6-7 minutes. (Broil is a setting on your oven – if you don’t have it, then continue to bake on high heat (450) for 7 minutes.
Serve with a side salad or other dish of choice. Enjoy!