Today I have a recipe that incorporates Lightlife Smart Patties Black Bean Burgers! The team at Lightlife was kind enough to send me a coupon to try out their burgers, and they are SO DELICIOUS! These meat-free burgers have 100 calories with 10 grams of protein per burger.
I support Lightlife products not only because they are tasty and nutritious, plus the company has an amazing philosophy based on having a positive impact on our planet. Lightlife is dedicated to protecting our beautiful world “Because we believe that what you eat is strongly connected to how you feel and how you live your life, we make foods that help sustain a healthier you and a healthier planet.” (quote taken from Lightlife’s website).
Black Bean Burgers with Potato Wedges
- 1 Potato
- 1 Bun – I used Ezekial 4:9 by Food For Life (in the frozen bread section at your grocery store)
- 1/3 Cup of Sliced Purple Cabbage
- Tomato Slices
- 1 Egg
- Small Handful of Spinach
- Olive Oil
- Cooking Spray
- Salt and Pepper
- Half an avocado
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash and scrub the potato. Slice the potato into wedges (about 1 inch to 1/2 inch thick). Grab a cookie sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Place the wedges onto the sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Use your hands to toss up the wedges in seasoning and olive oil. Bake in oven for 15 minutes per side — so total of 30 minutes.
- Prep your burger toppings while the potatoes bake. And add more toppings if you’d like! Hummus, pickles, onion, etc.
- Use a small frying pan for the smart patty.
- Spray the pan with cooking spray.
- Put the burner on low to medium heat and cook for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Toast the bun to the crispiness you like in the toaster.
- Arrange the burger with the buns both facing up.
- Using the same small frying pan, drizzle it with olive oil. Crack the egg into the pan. Fry the egg as much as you like — I prefer runny eggs, so it only takes me about 2 minutes on low heat.
- Add the egg to your burger and place the cooked wedges and avocado on your plate.
- Eat up!