Last night I whipped up a recipe from one of my favorite bloggers, Rachel Mansfield! I discovered Rachel from another blogger Jordan Younger at The Balanced Blonde. Rachel’s blog is filled with all kinds of recipes from paleo dishes to sweet treats to healthy dinners. I typically visit her blog for recipes, but I LOVE following her on Instagram where she shares spunky Insta-stories and just lots of real-ness — @rachlmanfield! Be sure to check her out! And check out The Balanced Blonde too!
Back to the paleo banana bread…
I made some modifications to Rachel’s recipe due to the ingredients I had in my pantry, and it still turned out delicious! My changes are noted in the ingredients and instructions written below. Be sure to visit Rachel’s blog to see the full recipe without any modifications and beautiful photographs!
Paleo Blueberry Banana Bread by Rachel Mansfield
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed (I used two frozen bananas that I softened in the microwave)
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil melted & cooled (I used 3 tbs olive oil)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup (I omitted the syrup because I didn’t have any)
- Splash of vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup fresh blueberries (I used frozen blueberries and only placed on the top of the bread because I wasn’t sure how they would effect the bread if mixed inside. The topping worked just fine!)
- Preheat oven to 350 and line or spray a loaf pan (I used a round dish that was lined with canola oil).
- Place wet ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and mix with kitchen aid or large fork
- Once mixed well, add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and continue to mix with kitchen aid
- Fold in blueberries once everything is mixed well (I just sprinkled the frozen blueberries on top)
- Bake in oven for 35-45 minutes
- Finally, enjoy with toppings of choice or just as it is
- Let it cool before cutting into it
(Photo above taken from my Insta Story — Be sure to follow me @shelbstaussig)
This bread is healthy enough to have with breakfast and sweet enough to have for dessert. I enjoyed a slice with some ice cream last night! Try out the HALO TOP – Lemon Flavor with this – it’s good! Plus, with HALO TOP you can enjoy the entire pint with your banana bread, and you don’t have to feel any guilt. 🙂
Thanks for the delicious recipe Rachel Mansfield!