I have another bowl of nourishment to share! This was my Sunday night dinner after a week of tough workouts and a weekend of celebrations. The bowl is filled with nutritious ingredients to allow for detox and muscle recovery. The salmon, egg, greek yogurt and avocado all have healthy fats to keep you full and satisfied.
Salmon Detox Bowl
Serves 1 (double up the ingredients for two)
- ~3.5 Oz. of Salmon
- Magic Salmon Seasoning
- 1 1/4 Cups Red Cabbage – Chopped
- 1 Sliced Radish
- 1 Lemon
- 1/4 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 Egg (poached)
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1 1/2 Cups Kale
- 2 Whole Carrots – Peeled and Chopped
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the broiler. (If you don’t have a broiler, preheat oven to 425 degrees).
- Grab a small sauce pan and fill about halfway with water. You will use this pot to poach the egg.
- Prepare the ingredients. Chop the red cabbage. Chop the kale. Finely slice the radish. Zest the lemon and place the lemon zest into a small bowl with the greek yogurt. Cut the lemon in half and add the juice of half into the bowl. Mix up with a spoon and put aside.
- Put the carrots on a greased cookie sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Once the broiler is heated, add the chopped carrots. Broil these for 6-8 minutes or bake at 425 for 10 minutes.
- Bring the sauce pan with water to a boil. Crack the egg into the boiling water then reduce to a simmer. Poach the egg for about 3 minutes. Add more time if you don’t like it runny.
- Use a medium frying pan for the salmon. Drizzle the pan and salmon with olive oil. Generously sprinkle the salmon with magic salmon seasoning. Cook for about 3-5 minutes on medium heat (flipping half way through) or until cooked to the temperature you like it.
- Grab a medium sized bowl and add the kale. Use the second half of the lemon and squeeze the juice on top of the kale. Massage the kale with your hands and place aside.
- Assemble the bowl. Fill half the bowl with red cabbage and the other half with the kale. Top with sliced radish. Once the egg is poached, put the egg in the center of the bowl on top of the greens.
- Add the roasted carrots and salmon.
- Add the sliced avocado.
- Top the salmon with the lemon greek yogurt mixture.