Today I bring a new dinner/lunch recipe featuring my all-time favorite protein – SALMON. This salad is filled with healthy, bright flavors leaving you with a natural glow and a pleasantly full belly. Hope you enjoy!
Glowing Salmon Citrus Salad
- 2 1/2-pound salmon filets
- 1 blood orange
- 1 naval orange
- 1 avocado
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- About 10 asparagus spears
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup plain greek ygourt
- Olive oil and balsamic
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Prep the asparagus and salmon. Wash the asparagus and chop into pieces about 2 inches long. Pat dry the salmon with a paper towel. Grab a cookie sheet and line with aluminum foil. Spray the sheet with nonstick spray. Add the salmon filets and asparagus. Spray the filets and asparagus with non stick spray. Generous sprinkle blackening on the salmon filets. I use Chef Paul’s Blackened Redfish Magic seasoning, but you can use whichever brand you prefer. Sprinkle garlic salt and pepper on the asparagus.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes (depending on how you like your salmon).
- Prep the cold ingredients. Zest and juice the lemon a small bowl. Add greek yogurt to the bowl and mix it all up. Then, place aside. Keep the lemon and slice into wedges to serve with the dish.
- Chop the romaine into small pieces and divide into two salad bowls.
- Peel the two oranges and divide segments among the two bowls.
- Cut the avocado in half. Place one half on each bowl. Sprinkle with salt.
- Once the oven timer goes off, remove the cookie sheet from the oven and divide the asparagus and salmon among the two bowls.
- Top with greek yogurt sauce and drizzle with balsamic and olive oil.
Let me know what you think!