Fruit Cobbler has been my favorite dessert ever since I had one for the first time at Camp Greystone when I was in Elementary School. This Valentine’s Day I veered away from chocolate and created a homemade healthy Peach Cobbler! The recipe takes about 10 minutes of prep time and 16 minutes in the oven. Enjoy!
Healthy Peach Cobbler for Two
- 3 Small Fresh Peaches
- 1.5 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon Applesauce
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salted Caramel Syrup (or vanilla extract would work)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/2 Cup Quick Cooking Oats
- 1/2 Tablespoon Unsweetened Applesauce
- 2 Teaspoons Brown Sugar (or sugar substitute)
- Sprinkle of Salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix up the sliced peaches with the cinnamon, nutmeg, syrup and applesauce.
- Place mixed ingredients in a small oven-safe dish.
- In the same mixing bowl used for the filling, mix up the oats, sugar, applesauce, and salt. Once mixed, spoon over the filling. Add some extra cinnamon to the top.
- Bake for about 16 to 18 minutes.
Top with vanilla ice cream!
Also – here’s a snapshot of the delicious Sun Basket meal my husband and I had for our Valentine’s Day dinner.
Gingered turkey meatballs in Japanese mushroom broth
And per usual, I added a runny egg to the meal. YUM.
What did you eat on Valentine’s Day?