Bowls of nourishing food have endless possibilities. Plus, they are typically fairly easy to create. Tonight’s dinner was a bowl of protein + veggie goodness! Anything with a runny egg is divine in my books.
Here is some dinner inspiration — Scallop Bowl with Vegetables and Chickpeas.
- 8 Scallops (I purchased mine from the BEST frozen sea food delivery service — XX).
- About 2 cups broccoli
- 1/2 cup chickpeas
- ~10 cherry tomatoes
- 3 large carrots (peeled and cut into 1/2 inch thick pieces)
- Spinach (about a handful per bowl)
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Place carrots on a greased baking sheet. Spray with olive oil spray and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic salt. Bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and flip the carrots. Then add the broccoli to the same sheet and cook for another 12 minutes.
- Prep the bowl. Grab a handful of spinach and place in the bottom of each bowl for the base. Add cherry tomatoes and chickpeas.
- Spray the scallops with cooking spray and sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper. Using a greased medium flat pan, cook the scallops on low heat for about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Prep the eggs. Either poach the eggs, fry the eggs, or take the easy route — place one in a small glass bowl. Cover the bowl with a paper towel and microwave for 35 seconds. This will leave the center nice and liquid-y. Do this for both eggs.
- Once all the ingredients are completed, finish assembling your bowl and you’re done!
- I recommend topping with some hot sauce!